Monday, July 29, 2013

My Everyday Hair Care Routine

Being someone who has always had quite long hair I was taught at a young age to take care of my hair and keep it healthy. My hair is one of my favorite assets and I always like to make sure I'm doing everything I can to keep it healthy and strong.

For my current hair routine I have been using the Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner. Since I have naturally straight hair I like to use the keratin formula to keep it frizz-free (it also helps get rid of any wave so that I can wear my hair straight with no heat!). I have also tried (and loved) the Coconut Milk formula from Organix and would highly recommend it along with any of their other hair products. They have so many formulas for all different hair types; and they smell yummy too! 
My next product is not an everyday product but I wanted to include it anyway. The Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque is my favorite deep conditioning treatment. I like to use this mask twice a week or after I have excessively heat styled my hair. After shampooing I apply it mainly to my ends and then work the rest toward my roots. I put my hair in a shower cap and let it sit for about 5 minuted then rinse. This mask leaves hair feeling soft, looking shiny and healthy, and smelling AMAZING. This is by far my favorite hair product I have every used.

After washing my hair I follow up with the Organix Brazilian Therapy Anti-Breakage Serum. I only use a pea size amount of this on my ends but it truly works wonders in keeping my ends for becoming dry and split.
If I'm not heat styling my hair I end my hair routine here but if I am heat styling I like to use the Redken Satinwear 02 Blow-Dry Lotion before blow drying my hair. This protects hair from the heat and gives it great texture. To add body I use the Paul Mitchell Extra-Body Daily Boost Root Lifter on my roots before blow drying. The combination of these two products gives the perfect salon-style blow out! After I blow dry I usually curl or lightly straighten my hair. To protect my hair from heat I use the Chi 44 Iron Gaurd. I have used this product for years and have yet to find a better heat protectant!
I hope this was helpful for anyone looking for some new hair products to try out! See you next time! xo

1 comment: